Create your future with us
The university careers season is in full swing, and ATC Williams has enjoyed attending events in Brisbane and Melbourne.
These events are an exciting opportunity to meet the engineers of the future and secure the best candidates. Our staff enjoy talking to students about our expertise in Tailings, Water and Waste and offering real-life insight into what they will experience working at ATC Williams.
Engineers Australia Elevation
In March, we attended both Engineers Australia Elevate events held at The Pullman in Brisbane and at the Melbourne Convention Centre.
Here we met students and graduates looking for exciting internships, vacation placements and graduate opportunities. ATC Williams was represented in Brisbane by Igor Prathama (Associate Engineer) and James Parker (Senior Engineer); and in Melbourne by Arun Muhunthan (Principal Engineer), Nicola Logan (Principal Hydrologist) and Mariel Mendoza (People and Culture Manager).
UQ X QUT Networking evening
This career event was hosted by UQ Civil Engineering Students Association (CESA) and QUT Civil Engineering Students Society (CESS). Nikhil Kumar Sehgal (Engineer) represented the Brisbane office, which has since recruited an undergraduate from the event.
Monash University Career Events
ATC Williams has sponsored the Monash Engineering Students Society (MESS) and Monash Association of Civil Engineering Students (ACES) for many years now. We find many prospective candidates are keen to learn more about who we are and what we do. Many Monash candidates attend our Melbourne-based vacation program and become long-term staff members.
Monash MESS Careers Event at Monash University Clayton campus was attended by Alex Campbell (Senior Engineer), James Whall (Engineer) and Mariel Mendoza (People and Culture Manager)
At the Monash ACES Industry Night, a past graduate program participant James Whall (Engineer), presented to engineering students followed by networking, where he was joined by Sean Campbell (Senior Engineer).
“I had the opportunity to attend these career events on behalf of ATC Williams. It was wonderful to meet and chat with many bright, curious and motivated engineering students. I found our discussions piqued quite a lot of interest in what we do. I attended the MESS event with my colleagues Alex Campbell and James Whall and YEA Elevation with Nicola Logan and Arun Muhunthan. It was great to hear each one speak passionately about their experiences working at ATC Williams, and it made me feel proud to be part of the team.
Events of this nature are valuable in increasing engagement with potential candidates and elevating our company profile, brand, and reputation within the industry.”
Mariel Mendoza – People and Culture Manager
Our Vacation and Graduate Programs
Undergraduate Program – Applications Close 31 August 2022
- Offering 2-3 university students a full-time, fully paid internship from November to February
- Hands-on work in our NATA Accredited Laboratory (Melbourne only)
- Office experience completing civil engineering, construction, investigation, and analytic work
- Field visit to experience site investigations or constructions in action
- Chance to enter our Graduate Transition Program working one to two days a week during your final year of study
Graduate Engineers – Applicants can apply anytime throughout the year
- Graduate engineers will gain a deeper experience across multiple aspects of engineering disciplines such as civil, geotechnics, slurry and water transport, hydrology, hydraulics, and hydrogeology
- Accelerate conﬁdence and knowledge with direct access to senior-level staﬀ and clients
- Receive transparent promotion pathways that reward technical, interpersonal and project management capabilities
We encourage you to create your future with us.
How to apply
Please email People and Culture Manager – Mariel Mendoza
Please include Cover Letter, Resume, Academic Transcript
Shortlisted candidates will receive an interview